What design trends are on the rise in 2021
Do you want to stay ahead of the curve in designing a website or graphic so your business can excel in 2021 – then these elements may be for you.
Keeping up with trends is a crucial part in the designing process, seeing what’s popular and how you can incorporate it within your own works. When it comes to staying at the top search results trends can be a great way to skyrocket your own career and sell your work to the masses.
Analysing these trends may show you why they are popular at the moment and what their relevance will be in the following years. Last year has been a very culturally and environmentally fuelled year so expect these themes to be on the rise this year and possibly next year.
Some design elements to keep in mind because they are on the rise are:
Reconnecting with nature:
- People are becoming very environmentally conscious so variants of green and using a leaf pattern may be beneficial to you within your designs to perceive that your brand has a connotation of connecting with the environment.
- People are also making a conscious change to work with businesses which match their views, so it may interest you to possibly use a green accent on your website to show that connotation as people are looking to reconnect with nature and become more environmentally weary.
- Retro elements are on the rise, people are looking for more geometric shapes and more fun designs which show a sense of nostalgia from the 80s.
- Bright colour is also back in style as people want this feeling of optimism due to the year that has just past, so colours such as light blues and yellows may be beneficial to you in showing those connotations of optimism and nostalgia.
Symbols rather than words
- Symbols have had a huge prominence in designing and that trend continues to rise in popularity as you have the ability to tell people in a concise way what you can offer them. You should also use text as that will affect your rankings in google but when used in tandem you can show a really powerful message.
- Symbols tell the reader what they are about to read without reading it so it is important that your symbols are relevant and impactful.
- Authenticity is on the rise because if your design shines honesty then the reader is more likely to trust your opinions and go with your business over one which they don’t trust.
- A professional design can be used to show trust and historically the colour yellow has been used to connate honesty, if you are looking to excel in the market then maybe consider this in your design.
To summarize the last year has been rough for many designers in the graphics industry, but things are looking optimistic for this year, so keep your eye on these trends as they progress during the year.