Local SEO – getting your business noticed by the right people
Everyone in the industry knows how important it is to have your content reach the ideal people, people who are most likely to become consumers in your specialised area. SEO does this and having your website optimised to be at the top of the search results is what all business owners should be striving for if they want to be successful in their niche.
SEO or Search Engine Optimisation is the process of optimising your website so it appears at the top of search results when a specific string of words or phrases is imputed. Localised SEO is using that process but applying it to a specific location, so if a potential consumer is looking for a service or product in an specific area then localised SEO allows your business to be at the top of the search results if they match the criteria.
The importance of optimising your website to your locale is so your services are presented at the top of your niche increasing traffic to your website and in turn your website will rank more favourable as you have a large amount of traffic. This is most beneficial for business owners who only have one base of operations as it will drive the traffic away from your competitors and towards your business as it appears you are more local.
Benefits of localised SEO are:
- Your business is more attractive in the search rankings and will naturally increase traffic towards your site, and in turn increase sales.
- You are advertising to people who are more likely to visit your website as you appear higher in the search rankings in a particular area and appear more favourable for consumers who are in that area.
- You will generate a competitive edge over your competitors as you appear higher in search rankings for your particular area, which drives the traffic towards your website.
- This is a cost effective way for your website to grow in traffic, as your website appears at the top without massive advertising costs.
- Your business will build up a local following as by appearing at the top of search results in your desired area, locals are likely to recommend your services to other local people who may benefit from it.
- Your business will seem more appealing to the consumers who live close to your business as over the last few years there has been a massive push for people to buy locally and support local shops, so you can cash in on this view and advertise in a way which fits the ongoing push.
Keeping your business on the top is what all business owners are looking to do, so using every advantage is crucial for your success and for such a low cost localised SEO seems obvious to ensure this success. This will also allow you to build up a relationship with locals and in turn they will begin to advertise your products or services to other locals giving your business the push it needs, with the ongoing push for local businesses it only makes sense to make the most of localised SEO.